BC Ministry of Agriculture
One full time, permanent position is currently available and can be performed from Vancouver, Victoria, Campbell River, Gibsons, Courtenay, Nanaimo, or Duncan.
Industry Specialist, Emerging Markets (or click here for website)
$64,086.02 - $80,042.76 annually
The Sector Development Branch identifies and promotes agriculture and food production/processing systems that are sustainable and enhance the economic benefits to the province. The Branch leads the Ministry’s agriculture business and industry development including initiatives with First Nations, new entrants, organics and food processing. The Emerging Markets’ Industry Specialist’s purpose is to provide strategic and technical advice to the Ministry based on a thorough knowledge and analysis of emerging industries identified as priority areas by the Ministry, and their current and emerging issues. This also includes collation and synthesis of industry ideas, concerns and viewpoints regarding government priorities and activities affecting the sector. The Specialist is expected to work closely with provincial and local industry associations. It is expected that each Industry Specialist possesses and maintains in-depth expertise in one or more of the specialized sectors while at the same time being able to provide general professional support to the management of cross-sector issues. The Industry Specialist is expected to work closely with industry personnel and their representative bodies, with other Ministry branches, other government departments, and all levels of regional and local government, including First Nations. There is a high degree of independence and professional judgment expected of the Industry Specialist position.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Degree in the natural resource field or equivalent as recognized by the relevant association, and a minimum of five years of related experience*.
• Registered as a Professional Agrologist, or immediately eligible for registration as a Professional Agrologist, with the British Columbia Institute of Agrologists.
• *Related experience must include all of the following: Experience working in agriculture and/or food industries. Experience negotiating/mediating solutions. Experience working with industry groups.
• Preference may be given to applicants who have any related experience working in British Columbia.
• Preference may be given to applicants who have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher related to business education (i.e. Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture or a related science with a business focus, a business degree, MBA etc..)
For more information and to apply online by April 11, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/58844
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.
Back to careers page