Ministry of Agriculture - Fort St John
See web link here/ pdf here.
Resource Development Agrologist
$57,653.70 - $72,008.82 annually
The Sector Development Branch identifies and promotes agriculture and food production/processing systems that are sustainable and enhance the economic benefits to the province. It maintains operations in all agriculture regions of the province to deliver Ministry programs and services through a network of regional development agrologist, regional agrologists and industry specialists.
This position is a part of the Regional Development Services within the Sector Development Branch. Regional Development Services is comprised of Professional Agrologists that are the front-line contacts for the ministry. Programs and initiatives are informed by strong industry and Agrologist expertise and local knowledge, providing broad-based local insight and intelligence critical to the success of the Ministry in meeting current and future objectives.
Working with industry, local governments and communities, Regional Agrologists leverage regional attributes and encourage economic growth and stability in conjunction with social and environmental health through, innovation, adaptation and local market development. Through relationships in the local community and with a client service focus the Resource Development Agrologist provides effective implementation of ministry programs and initiatives. There is a high degree of independence expected of the Resource Development Agrologist position.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Bachelor of Science from an approved university specializing in agriculture or natural resource science.
• Must be registered or immediately eligible* for registration as a Professional with the British Columbia Institute of Agrologists (BCIA). *immediately eligible is defined as being registered as a professional Agrologist in another Canadian jurisdiction and able to transfer that membership to the BCIA. It is the responsibility of the applicant to have the BCIA reviews their qualifications to ensure they have the necessary requirements for registration.
Preferences may be given to applicants with any of the following qualifications (applicants that the meet the above essential criteria may be further screened on the following preferences):
• Minimum 1 year of work experience in the livestock, or crop production in B.C.
• Recent (within the past 5 years) experience working with agriculture producers, processors, and/or agriculture organizations.
• 2 years or more of work experience in the agriculture sector.
For more information and to apply online by May 21, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/60168
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.
Back to careers page