La Coop Federee: Grain Originator
Click here for pdf or website
STATUS: Permanent, full time
WORK LOCATION: Ottawa Valley
Reporting Line: Originations Supervisor
Apply to: Catherine.email@example.com
This position is responsible for procuring grain from farm customers, aligning with the company’s originations goals and merchandising strategies. The focus of this position is to develop and expand a client base, using excellent customer service strategies while maximizing profit opportunities.
- Purchase grain from current customers as well as expand the market share within a territory;
- Assist with the maintenance of a regional S&D for key commodities;
- Deliver a successful grain origination plan
s to meet long term market share objectives;
- Increase grain originations volumes, while maintaining or increasing profitability in accordance with merchandising team guidelines;
- Execute the strategies that manage increasing competition through implementing innovative origination approaches, programs, products and services;
- Work closely with the logistics team using communication vehicles, both internal and external, to support timely deliveries;
- Monitor and communicate shipping information, quality issues, grade differences and rejected shipments;
- Monitor and administer purchase contracts, following through the process to accurate payments to the customer upon delivery;
- Provide excellent customer service in a courteous and professional manner.
- An understanding of and experience with the agricultural market in different local geographies including market information, conditions, trends, and price strategy;
- Good understanding of futures, basis and FX in relation to corn, wheat and soybeans;
- The ability to build professional relationships and partnerships, assess business opportunities, and negotiate appropriate agreements;
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to process information with high levels of accuracy;
- An understanding of the sales process and the ability to close a transaction;
- Timely reporting transaction data into the company information system;
- Achievement of annual procurement volume goals.
- The ability to work effectively under defined time constraints with peak workloads;
- A community college diploma recognized apprenticeship or equivalent;
- More than one year of relevant or related experience;
- Excellent negotiating and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills via phone or in person, with the ability relay market data effective to customers;
- Bilingualism (French and English), written and spoken;
- Advance knowledge of common office programs, Smartsoft systems knowledge is an asset.
Back to careers page