$67,495.11 - $84,301.57 annually
Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.
Bring your strong leadership skills to this dynamic team environment. The Sector Development Branch identifies and promotes agriculture and food production/processing systems that are sustainable and enhance the economic benefits to the province. The Branch leads the Ministry’s agriculture business and industry development including initiatives with Indigenous groups, new entrants, organics and food processing. It maintains operations in all agriculture regions of the province to deliver Ministry programs and services through a network of regional agrologists and industry specialists. As the regional resource, the Regional Team Lead provides professional expertise and leadership on coordination and delivery of the Ministry of Agriculture’s programming and provide guidance on complex land use or environmental issues throughout the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island regions. It is expected that the Regional Team Lead possesses and maintains provincial expertise in emergency management while at the same time being able to provide technical professional support and leadershipto the management of cross-sector issues.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture or a related science, preferably specializing in business, livestock, plant or soils management; AND With a Bachelor’s degree, you must have 7 years of professional experience; OR With a Master’s Degree, you must have 5 years of professional experience.
• Registered as a Professional Agrologist or *immediately eligible for registration as a Professional Agrologist with the British Columbia Institute of Agrologists (BCIA).* Note: immediately eligible is defined as being registered as a professional Agrologist in another Canadian jurisdiction and being able to transfer that membership to the BCIA within 6 months of employment. It is the responsibility of the applicant to have the BCIA reviews their qualifications to ensure they have the necessary requirements for registration
• Seven (7) years of demonstrated experience addressing the economic, environmental and/or social constraints of the agriculture and food sector, preferably in BC.
• Two (2) years of considerable experience leading teams and being accountable for managing assigned resources, meeting goals and achieving results.
• Demonstrated operational experience with intensive agriculture.
For more information and to apply online by October 21, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/54826
Back to careers page