Date: Apr. 24, 2012
Location: Ottawa, ON
OIA OSL Branch Tour - Just Food
Tuesday, Apr. 24, 2012
The next OIA OSL Branch event will be a workshop/tour at the Just Food on Tuesday, Apr. 24, 2012. We are to meet at the Just Food Farm (the site of the hub) between 5:30 - 7:00 pm to tour the property and provide initial feedback and ideas on moving forward with land-based projects, including the Incubator Farm project and the organic demonstration sites.
Just Food's mission is to work towards a vibrant, just and sustainable food system in the Ottawa region. Just Food is a community-based, non-profit organization that includes staff, interns, volunteers, community partners, members and funders.
We host several programs and are starting several more, all of which will be highlighted during the tour of our current facility, a farm in the NCC Greenbelt. Information on our existing programs, and the new Community Food and Sustainable Agriculture Hub can be found at www.justfood.ca.
• Heading from downtown Ottawa east on HWY-417, continue until the Innes exit.
• Take Innes exit and turn left onto Innes.
• Follow Innes left as it turns into Blackburn Hamlet. (If you go straight, you will be on a bypass).
• Take your first left onto Pepin.
• The farmhouse is the first right.
• 2389 Pepin Court (MAP).
Parking is all around the barn.
View other Branches